E D G E [Emerging Designers Get Exposed] is part of a movement to “reverse today’s fashion trend of too much, too often, too much of the same, that lacks quality, sustainability, and innovation”, says the founder, Rhonda P. Hill. It was founded on the premise of let’s get back to purpose-driven, responsible, and creative output. One that exposes and gives voice to the under-represented creative force that operates outside the system, embraces the power of fashion, and pushes concept over sale-ability. Fashion brands are a constant iteration of each other and programmed to make us all look the same. E D G E takes an intelligent approach on countering this reality, elevating the shifting dynamics necessary to preserve the industry.
E D G E Fashion Intelligence is a collection portal and manifestation of data, narratives, ideas, and the changing paradigms in the fashion industry. It specifically curates a platform on the principles of artistic value, cultural significance, and sustainable practices.
Since its inception, 2014, E D G E has built a network and database of international industry professionals along with a vibrant EDGExpo.com website. The E D G E brand exposure has an engaging social media audience leveraging the right connections with key players in the industry. EDGExpo.com and its social media platforms have published over 275 content rich editorials resulting in a high viewer statistics – averaging approximately 8-10,000 views per month across all media platforms. 70% of viewers are non United States viewers. The EDGE network connects through exposure, exhibition, editorial, and education – The 4 E’s. The 4 E’s summarize the EDGE vision and progress to date.
1. EXPOSURE – EDGExposition presents the opportunity for emerging designers to gain exposure through cultural networks, fashion/industry events, and internet media exposure. E D G E is on the scene covering these events. EDGE Radar designer and industry professional “talks” are the centerpiece of the E D G E platform.
2. EXHIBITION – E D G E champions designer exhibitions in gallery and art institutions; collaborates, sponsors, and participates in ‘the arts’ exhibitions, while combining the E D G E fashion network. Rhonda, as fashion curator, offers a glimpse into an ongoing curatorial project dedicated to exposing the work of the under-represented in art-exhibition venues. The first glimpse, Blurred Boundaries: Fashion as an Art, was categorized as a museum quality exhibit.
3. EDITORIAL – EDGExpo.com provides industry market information; statistics; opinions; stories and insights; links to industry business resources. It serves a niche market in the need for fashion intelligence – a collection of data, reports, suggested resources, industry interviews – with a means of connection for those new to the industry and a resource for the academic community.
4. EDUCATION – to complement academic studies and viewer interest, the website EDGE-ucation category provides tools, reports, resources, and professional business tips from experience based best practices and expertise. The ever popular Fashion Unknown Fact articles are a source for unknown and interesting industry facts. In addition, the EDGE Video Channel is a curated list of videos that represent the aspirations of the E D G E movement.
Gallery | EDGExposed
More About EDGE.
Become part of the EDGE network and tell us how you would like to participate.
- Contributing Team Member – writer, photographer, and industry professionals
- Feature Editorial, click here to find out about submissions
- Intern, or a Student for academic credit
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.