Don’t let Fashion Week play you.
What you should get out of Fashion Week.
- A 20 minute catwalk gets you what? You pay to play.
- Think about what you want out of it [the return on your investment] and don’t settle.
- You should want orders, press, interviews, and dialogue about your collection/your work.
- Social Media buzz does not sustain your business.
- Stay true to your media outlet and give us depth in your journalism.
- The fashion industry needs bold honesty, go for it!
- You must contribute, more than just an Instagram post!
- Write, give constructive feedback, share.
- Success and future repeat will rely on your organized, timely, and engaging production.
- Give substance! More than just the runway show, offer press and designer interview time. How about a designer & press lounge?
- Panel discussions, talks. . .engagement is key. The audience? Pay more attention to the buyers.
- If you are treated like herd of cattle, leave, don’t attend!
- VIP’s/Celebs – walk your Red Carpet, but graciously let the light shine on the design talent.
Read more tips and best business practices in the EDGE-ucation category.