Stella McCartney was the keynote speaker at the Council of Fashion Designers of America [CFDA] and Vogue’s annual Fashion Fund dinner. Her advice to the fashion class of 2014, as told by Marshall Heyman of WSJ.com:
• Go work in Paris. “It will serve you very well if you can get there.”
• Study vintage tailoring and dressmaking. “You have to understand the past to build the future.”
• “Dip your toes into various ends of the industry.”
• “Have great respect for your name and the importance it has.”
• “The biggest thing is to be true to yourself.”
For more education, best practices, and business tips, click EDGEucation.